..: Etrusia - Roman History :..
Sources used in producing this document and suggested further reading:
Explanations of concepts in the text and sources.
The Roman class system and its impact on political life
- Roman classes
- Patrons and clients
- Roman surnames - how these were derived
- Roman voting assemblies
- Optimates and Populares -the "best" men and the populists
Routes to power
- The cursus honorum - the route to political power
- Caesar's second consulship
- Cicero's letter to Atticus - bribery
- Cicero's letter to Atticus - meeting Caesar